15 July, 2012

7 X 7 Link Award



Almost six months back I was honored by Dan from Top 10 Films with the 7 X 7 Link Award. As the saying goes, “better late than never”, here I am finally officially accepting and passing on the award.

The 7 x 7 Award highlights a blogger’s favourite pieces of work and is passed on to others so that they too can do the same as a way to promote posts and/or blogs.

As is the case with such awards, there are certain rules;

1.Tell everyone something that no one else knows about you.
2. Link to one of the posts that I think best fits the following categories;
a. Most Beautiful Piece.
b. Most Helpful Piece.
c. Most Popular Piece.
d. Most Controversial Piece.
e. Most Surprisingly Successful Piece.
f. Most Underrated Piece.
g. Most Pride-Worthy Piece.
3. Pass this award on to seven other bloggers.


Tell everyone something that no one else knows about you.

I have done a few of these awards/blogathons that I honestly don’t know if there is anything that I can tell you without having to kill you afterwards. In short, and these are repetitions, I like to watch movies late at night to avoid any disturbance, I have a number of films that I have owned for a considerable period of time but have not yet seen, and lastly I want to one day visit the San Diego Comic-Con (then again who doesn’t?).

Most Beautiful Piece – Mary & Max


My review of Mary & Max is for me the most beautiful piece because it is about one of the most beautiful films ever. It was by chance that I watched the film and was completely left speechless and in tears by the end of it.

Most Helpful Piece. – Demystifying Indian Cinema


In my little attempt to make Indian cinema more interesting for the “foreign” public I tried to compile a list of Hindi films that have negligible song/dance sequences in them. Since talking to a number of people, the one aspect of Indian cinema that made them not watch it were the songs and “dancing around trees”, this was to inform that our industry have a lot more to offer. It is not a detailed post, but more of a list of the films.

Most Popular Piece – The Poor Memorabilia Collector


Although I have another post that has had more “hits”, this one has been the most popular in terms of comments which was mainly due to the fact that the post was featured in the IMDB Hit List. It’s a look at some cheap and easy ways to collect memorabilia of your favourite films.

Most Controversial Piece – Where Should I Blog?


This post asked the question if the address of your blog was one of the reasons for others to take you seriously or not. I felt quite strongly about the issue and thus published this blog across my blogs. It raised quite a few discussions with both sides being supported and disagreed upon.

Most Surprisingly Successful Piece – Despicable Me


The review of Despicable Me, a movie that I surprisingly loved, is at present the most viewed review on my blog. I was quite taken aback by how many people actually liked this film as I hadn’t heard anyone really talk about it before.

Most Underrated Piece – Keep Calm



My two posts on all the Keep Calm posters inspired by films which I made. I wish more people would have seen/shared/commented on them.

Most Pride-Worthy Piece – What is #MTOS?


Again, this is no intellectual post, but one I am extremely proud of simply because it is about the little Twitter weekly chat that my friend Rachel and I conceived and started. Movie Talk on Sunday has grown steadily over the year, promoting fellow bloggers, and just building up on the film community in general. The post is an introduction to the event and is still used to inform newcomers about that little hashtag (#MTOS) they see pop up on their twitter timeline event Sunday evening at 20:00 GMT.



As for passing on the blogging love, here are the seven who deserve all the fame they are getting…

Nostra with MyFilm Views 

Nuts4R2 who is the brain behind, well... Nuts4R2 

Ruth with FlixChatter 

Lesya and her blog Eternity of Dream 

Haricharan writing about films on Movie Roundup 

Russell who hosts at 1:37 exactly 

Lastly, the team behind Max and Tom Squared 


10 comments:

  1. Yeah, everybody wants to be in San Diego now... :)

    Oh, Keep Calm posters are great. I saw them and didn't comment but it doesn't mean that I didn't like them, I think I shared the link to some movie-related, too. So, if other people did so too, those posts may not be that underrated :)

    Thanks for passing the award to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean by everyone wanting to go to SDCC. It's just become so big over the last few years.

      As for Keep Calm, thanks a lot. I couldn't think of anything else that I would want more people to see right now so I mentioned them. It's hard to remember everything as I am nearing 200 posts :-)

      All the best with the award... you deserve it.

      Delete
  2. Thanks a ton Raghav :) I'm truly honoured and I'm glad people are actually reading my posts and following my blog. Now, I have to raise the bar and do much better. Thanks once again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a good thing going... all the best with your blog.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for tagging me, man, how very kind! Interesting that I actually just watched Despicable Me this weekend, cute movie, I LOVE those minions!!! My um, mini review will go up later today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth. I never get too many oppertunities to spread the love so to speak, so this is my little attempt at it.

      Delete
  4. Nice post..
    http://apparitionofmine.blogspot.in/

    http://creativeworldofnoopur.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice overview and thanks for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete